A former coworker of mine had a trinket on her desk that said “One shoe can change a life” and it was attributed to Cinderella. I always loved that thing and she even offered to bring me back one from a trip to Disney (where she’d gotten hers years before), but sadly, they didn’t sell them any more :(
Cinderella knew what she was talking about. After trips to a few places in the mall, I hit the casual black wedge jackpot at DSW this weekend. However, they didn’t have my size in stock, so they ordered them online and shipped them to my house for free (which, BTW, is awesome customer service). Said shoes were delivered last night, and are on my feet today!
I think they look spiffy with my new white crop jeans! And my outlook today is more positive than yesterday – it has to be the shoes :)
Y’all – today is a GREAT day, for many reasons:
1. I had an awesome discussion about Jesus, the church and reaching people with a coworker today – it was so uplifting and encouraging! Too often I am stuck in the trap of “you can only be helpful if you’re in a ministry position.” Which is totally a lie!! I mean that’s not what Romans 8:28 says – we are CLEARLY told that in ALL things God works for the good of those who love Him. Sure, that can also be applied to trials in your life, but also as a reminder that in every situation, God is using us for His glory. We don’t need to be a pastor – we can spread the Word wherever we are! It also reminded me of Romans 9:17: For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” God displays His power through us wherever we are!
2. I am going to see “Courageous” – the new Christian film that comes out today – with the Young Adult group from Immanuel. Whoo hoo! Love social outings :)
3. It’s FRIDAY!
4. Tomorrow we’re going over to our friends’ house to watch football and eat fun snacks. Who doesn’t love college football, food and friends? I’m not sure we can hang out if you don’t like the trifecta of awesome.
5. Baseball playoffs start today!!!
6. October starts tomorrow – my favorite month of the year!!!
7. Today is payday!!!
8. My friend Laura finished a first draft of a 12-page paper for grad school! Of course, a master’s degree is no cake walk, and I’m super proud of her for balancing a busy school, social, church and family life all at once! Love you, Laura!
What are YOU happy about today?