So it’s been almost
a year two years (math is hard) since the last time the ol’ blog was updated and nothing of any significance has happened. OH WAIT…we got another dog, went on our dream European vacation, started trying to have a baby, found out that my infertility issues meant we’d require IVF treatments, went on some fab vacations, miraculously got pregnant, AND SO MUCH MORE!
I realize it’s impossible to catch up on a year’s worth of life in just a few bullets (because really, who wants to read more than that?), but here’s a best effort…or at least an effort. Note: I will save The Infertility Saga for another time.
- Summer 2013 – We went to Michigan to surprise Chad’s stepdad, Brent, for his 50th birthday party! We also went to Florida for the first annual Family Feud Fantasy Football Draft!
- Fall 2013 – We got Abby! Yes, we added a second corgi to our family and she’s obsessed with Chad. It works out nicely because Cooper is obsessed with me and now we each have our own furball :) Abby is now 8.5 and Cooper is just over 2; both weigh about 34 pounds :)
- December 2013 – CHAD TURNED 30! I lied and told him we were going to Mexico, but we actually went to pick up his family and best friend at the airport for a long weekend of fun :) Although I know Chad was slightly disappointed in not going to Mexico, I know he was truly surprised and thrilled his family was in town. I also threw him a surprise party that weekend, so it was kind of a big deal (he has his work cut out for him when I turn 30 in 2016!)
- February 2014 – I turned 28 and decided it was time to think about starting a family!
- June 2014 – WE WENT ON OUR DREAM VACATION TO EUROPE! Two weeks in Rome, Paris and Barcelona. Hands down, our favorite spot was Paris. It was the most beautiful, romantic and tasty city EVER (and of course, the most expensive). We agree that if we ever win the lottery or come into a large sum of money, we’d have a house in Paris :)
- October 2014 – We went to Chicago with Chad’s best friend Joe and his girlfriend Ali – IT WAS AWESOME. We did all of the big touristy things in 36 hours – Hancock Building, Sears Tower, museums, deep dish pizza, visited the bar from The League, Second City, architecture cruise, amazing food…it was a whirlwind!
- December 2014 – Haley and Mike got married and we celebrated with a ton of folks I hadn’t seen in forever!
- January 9-10, 2015 – I went on a work trip to Santa Fe, NM and didn’t feel well.
- January 11, 2015 – WE FOUND OUT WE’RE PREGNANT!!! Go ahead and tell God something can’t be done – he’ll LOL at you.
- March 2015 – We went to Michigan to visit Chad’s family and had a great time! Yoga, games and all of the usual fun (minus the booze, for me).
- April 27, 2015 – I felt the baby move (for sure) for the first time!
- May 7, 2015 – Chad felt the baby move for the first time!
- May 8, 2015 – OUR GENDER REVEAL IS TOMORROW, Y’ALL!!
- May 9, 2015 – My first Mother’s Day :)
There are approximately 11 million photos I could post from the above adventures, but I know which one you really want :)