As you probably already know, Papa passed away one week ago yesterday. It was an incredibly difficult, sad and emotional time for me and my family, and I wanted to thank everyone for their kind words, prayers and messages over the past weeks.
I’m glad that I was able to spend his last days with him, comforting him, praying for him and loving on him. Papa was the original man in my life – I’ve never met my father, so he was my main male role model growing up – and I will miss him terribly. However, I am very grateful for the fact that he is no longer hurting, sick or suffering – he’s been dealing with advanced kidney, lung and heart disease for a very long time now, and I know the fight exhausted him.
I was able to write something for his funeral that was read beautifully by my Aunt Darla. I’m so glad she was willing and able to do so – because there’s no way I was going to be able to do that! The funeral also had a great photo slideshow from my Aunt Kami, which elicited a lot of laughs – just the way he would have wanted it :)
Our lives have been whirlwinds since moving into the house and getting Cooper. Here are some highlights of the fun!
- All the boxes are unpacked and all the decorations are up! Though there are still plenty of blank walls and empty cabinets to fill – it will happen over time!
- Cooper went to the vet for his second round of shots! He’s now 8.2 pounds and is definitely the vet and vet techs’ favorite pet.
- We bought a giant flat screen. No really, GIANT. It’s almost as big as I am.
- The Red Wings are in the playoffs for the 22nd straight year! And we went to Dallas to see the last game of the regular season. It was AWESOME! We had great seats and got to see all three goals happen right in front of us – including a shorthanded breakaway goal! (Apparently this is very rare!)
- We started a small group Bible study and are LOVING it! The people are great and we’re really enjoying growing together, spiritually.
- I went to Birmingham, AL for work – they have some delish food there! And Maroon 5 stayed at our hotel! Mmmm…Adam Levine!
- Chad is still kicking butt at his new teaching job. In fact, he got the highest remarks possible on his assessments and principal reviews!
- I’m working like a madwoman in advance of the Offshore Technology Conference. Hence the bullets that were written in 2 minutes.