If you’re my Facebook friend (and if you’re not, what’s up with that?), you know that I love to cook. In fact, I post pictures of my proud culinary creations quite regularly. Chad often helps me make dinner, or makes dinner for us himself – which, to me, makes it more tasty :) All in all, we are a well-fed household.
Last night, I made what was quite possible the best dish I’ve ever made. If not the best, then definitely in the top 3. What was it? Pesto-Stuffed Chicken Breasts topped with fresh tomato slices. MMMMMMM!!!
Lots of you loyal FB and Twitter followers have asked for the recipe – so here it is!
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Toast 4 tablespoons of pine nuts in a sauce pan on medium heat.
3. Combine 6 ounces (1 large wheel) garlic and herb soft cheese (I used Laughing Cow), 15-18 fresh basil leaves, toasted pine nuts, 1/4 fresh parmesan cheese, and a splash of milk in a blender. Blend until smooth. (I’m betting that if I had a food processor, I wouldn’t have needed the milk – use your best judgement.)
4. Butterfly two chicken breasts and pound flat (1/4 inch thick). Salt and pepper both sides. Spread the pesto mixture inside each, and fold closed.
5. Top each chicken breast with three slices of tomato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then drizzle with a touch of EVOO. Sprinkle some parmesan on top.
6. Pop it in the oven for 18-25 minutes (I did 22). Depends on how fast your oven cooks – you’ll want the chicken to be lightly golden.
If your dish looks like this – you nailed it :)