Are you making any New Year’s Resolutions this year? I typically don’t, but this year I think I will. So…here’s what I’ve come up with:
- To finish reading the Bible. Yes, I’ve read a lot of it already, but I tend to skip over the not-so-thrilling books (Leviticus, Numbers…you get the idea). 2011 will be the year that I finish off all of the books I haven’t yet read – whoo hoo!
- To commit to a women’s Bible study. Yes, I’ve done Bible study before, but it has always been co-ed. This year, I’d like to attend a women’s group specifically – especially since I’ll become a wife in 2011. I think it will be a great benefit not only to me, but also to my husband.
- To study the Bible with my fiancé/husband. We talked about this one already and decided that Thursday nights (with a backup of Sunday afternoons, if for some reason Thursday falls through) to spend time in the Word together! Yay!
- To eliminate credit cards completely for 1 year. No, I don’t currently rely on credit cards – I may use them to front the money for things like vacations or other major purchases, but for 2011 I’d like to try and go a whole year without using a credit card. If I can’t pay for it in cash, I don’t need it!
- To lose 10 pounds and keep it off. Losing 10 pounds? Yeah, I can probably do that, especially with the wedding coming up. But as they say, you tend to gain weight after your wedding – “happy pounds” – so that’s what I’m trying to avoid. The gym is going to be my friend!!