Whoo hoo!!! Today is Chad’s 27th birthday – the fourth birthday I’ve had the pleasure of sharing with him. It seems like just yesterday we met, and here we are all these years later, still going strong.
This year, we’re going all out for a combined birthday-Christmas-birthday present – we’re going on a cruise to Mexico. Since Chad’s birthday is December 8, Christmas is December 25 and my birthday is February 7, we decided on one big “experience” gift, rather than actual physical presents. (Except I’ve already bought him like 5 Christmas presents – clearly I suck at this.)
So tonight, we’ll have a romantic dinner of Subway sandwiches in the car on the way to Jackson, Mississippi, before we wake up bright and early to drive to Mobile, Alabama, and board the Carnival Elation. I’m, well, ELATED!
So in honor of the Weatherman’s 27th birthday, here are a few things I love about him (in random order):
- No matter how many times I ask you to explain how tornadoes work, you do so with a smile on your face (and a bit of sarcasm in your voice).
- Not only do you know that I’m crazy and OCD, but you actually LIKE THAT about me. You are a brave, brave soul.
- Watching you play with the Little Guy is quite possibly the most attractive thing I’ve ever seen. Just gives me something to look forward to – WAY down the road :)
- You have a heart for the Lord and truly aim to serve others. You have grown so much in your relationship with Jesus since I met you, and your thirst for more has never been quenched. I look forward to growing closer to you as we grow closer to Him.
- You are very rarely – if ever – late. And when I am late, you don’t hate me fore it. You are a saint.
- You love me just as much when I’m dressed to the nines in a brand new cocktail dress as when I’m wearing sweatpants and no makeup (which is 98% of the time).
- You are my own personal IT guy. Sure, I only know how to use Microsoft Office, the Internet and iTunes, so it’s not that hard to impress me. But you take it a step further and download songs for me because you think – no, you know – that I will like them :)
I love you so much!!! Happy birthday!!!